Monday, August 4, 2014

And so it Begins...

Dearest Emily,

In case you need some quick exposition on where our friendship currently stands, we were once the most epic roommates on the face of the planet who accomplished many an adventure in our time, including but not limited to: thriving for an entire year in an apartment with no furniture, marathoning several notable TV shows during our regularly scheduled dinner time, super-couponing for about three weeks, figuring out how to rename our WIFI 'Gryffindor', and building a suspension blanket fort in our living room using only yarn, safety pins, and a pole from the closet (see Figure 1.2).

Figure 1.2

See? Look how cute we were:
@intheblanketfort
Everyone knows that apple juice tastes sweetest when consumed in a blanket fort.


Also, in case you are suffering from a case of temporary amnesia, I am soon returning to my job in Spain, where I teach bilingual courses to young adults aged 12-18, and you will be traveling to Maine where you will be a kickass directing/dramaturgical intern at Portland Stage, directing and dramaturging like no other.

[Sidenote: I hope you don't really have amnesia.]

It has come to my attention that we were very lukewarm penpals last year. Mostly because I wrote you a postcard and then took five months to buy stamps.

That is probably because Seattle/Spain just doesn't have the same ring to it, so our correspondence was naturally strained. Now that you and I are going to be living in Maine/Spain respectively, a public record of our letters to one another is clearly a must.

[Sidenote: I know you don't really have amnesia. I was just providing some casual and completely natural exposition for our guests.]

One of the funny things about writing this to you is that I know Erika is totally going to want credit for coming up with this idea, but I'm not going to give it to her. So HA.

I can't wait to tell you about random happenings in Spain and greatly look forward to hearing about your hilarious mishaps in the mysterious land of Maine in our next episode of Maine/Spain.

I don't think we're in the Pacific Northwest anymore, Toto.

[Sidenote: That was a reference. I know your name isn't really Toto.]

Love, Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment