Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Spanish Apartment

Dear Emily,

I have successfully conquered the jet lag and settled nicely into my Spanish apartment! I've been going pretty non-stop since my arrival, but I finally had time to film a tour of my apartment for you!

I have new roommates, and I don't know that they can ever live up to your legacy, especially since we don't have an oven, but they don't leave tuna pizza out overnight and then eat it the next evening. So basically, so far so good.

Warning: This footage was taken on a 2012 Sony Cybershot with very little effort, so if you get seasick easily, proceed with caution. I'm looking at you, Emily's dad.

(I hope you appreciate that this video took about three hours to upload on my pathetic Spanish internet...)


Every new apartment deserves a good housewarming, so I threw one at our new place on Friday night! I invited some of my friends from last year and all the new auxiliars I've met so far, and my roommates invited some of the other Erasmus (study abroad) students from the university.

It doubled as a birthday party for Noémie, the new French auxiliar at my school this year, so we also had cake and sang happy birthday many times throughout the night.

We ended up having about 25 people in one tiny living room and pretty early on there was standing room only. I live on the third floor and a couple of guys who came late said that from the street, it sounded like hundreds of people... Oops...
But we all left the apartment by midnight, so it was no problem.



My street is called Gran Capitán, which I was pretty excited about because it sounds legit.

...And then one of my co-workers told me that a few decades ago, it was the street "dedicated to the oldest profession in the world."

Then another co-worker said, "Not decades, darling. Maybe ten years or so."

So in honor of historical accuracy, we are naming the new apt 'The Bordello'.

Here is our family photo:

Wednesday (when I filmed the video) was my first "official" day of work, but I didn't really do much and there was a meeting for all the auxiliars in a pueblo called Almonte on Thurs, so I really start classes this week! Wish me luck!

Besos,
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment